There are some bloggers out there that need to be called out, for their creative crafty genius. I love these simple home decorations that you can easily make yourself. Can you guess what they’re made from?? Bring the kids along too, they’re that easy!
Photo Studio Slyter
- DMC Cotton Embroidery Floss in many colors
- Mixture 1 part sugar with 1 part water to create a paste.
- Dip embroidery floss into sugar water. (8.75 yards of floss were used for a small circle. It takes at least twice that amount for a larger circle.)
- Blow up a balloon the size you want, do not over inflate as smaller is easier to work with.
- Wrap the wet floss around the balloon in all directions, making sure the floss stays nice and wet as you go.
- Allow the floss-wrapped balloon to dry overnight.
- When they are dry, make a small cut in the balloon to deflate the balloon and carefully take the balloon out from the dried sphere.